Effective Date: May 17, 2018
In this Policy, “we” and “our” means M & J Wilkow, and “you” means any person who visits our website or communicates with us through the website as described in this Policy.
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information including:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Correspondence information, including information provided using the “contact us” feature on our website and information in or about your subsequent emails or other written communications with us;
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or other device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include information such as IP addresses. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website, and the website pages and items you view using our website.
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our website and through email and other communications and interactions with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. We collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you visit or use our website, use the “contact us” feature on our website and engage in subsequent email or other communications with us;
- Using cookies and other automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our website, or that you use to open an email from us in response to you contacting us through the website. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information that directly identifies you unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Automatic collection methods we use include:
- Website log files, which we or our service providers tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website; and
- Other technologies, which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect and obtain to conduct our business and to provide you with the services and experiences that you request or that we think may be of interest to you. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain with other information that we collect or obtain, including but not limited to information obtained from third parties with which we choose to work. We use information:
- To provide you with services and information that you request, and to present our website and its contents to you;
- To respond to you, when you correspond with us using the “contact us” feature on our website, by email or otherwise communicate with us, make a request, complaint or other inquiry through the website, or engage in email, calls and other communications with us;
- For marketing and advertising, to send you marketing and advertising communications (for choices about marketing and advertising, see the “Your Choices” Section below);
- For analytics, to understand how you use our website, analyze our website traffic, determine the methods and devices used to access our website, and improve our website and associated services;
- For our business purposes, to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities, for research, to determine your satisfaction with our services, to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services, to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy, and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal, contractual and safety purposes to, defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings, protect our rights, protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property, respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, address legal and regulatory compliance, verify your identity or communications from you, comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party, and notify you of changes to our terms, policies and practices.
How We Share Information
In general, we do not share information about you with non-affiliated third parties for their own direct marketing or advertising purposes unless you request or consent to such sharing, or as otherwise described below. We do share information with third parties for other purposes. We may share information with:
- The M & J Wilkow family of companies, such as our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries, for use in ways that are consistent with this Policy, including without limitation to help us to respond to the questions or comments that you submit through the “contact us” feature on our website, in follow up emails, calls or other communications with us, or make a request, complaint or other inquiry;
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, including our email service providers and analytics partners (see “Analytics and Other Partners We Work With” section below for more information). We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy. We also may share personal information and copies of correspondence with vendors, service providers, and third-party property managers who help us to respond to the questions, comments or complaints you submit through the “contact us” feature on our website, or when you engage in follow up emails, calls or other communications with us;
- Parties to business transactions, such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties, such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, our legal advisors, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal, contractual and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your consent, although we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Analytics and Other Third Parties We Work
With We work with third-party companies for measurement and analytics purposes, such as to measure website activity, and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We may share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information, including automatically collected information, when you use our website through the methods described in the “How We Collect Information” Section above (see “Using cookies and automatic collection methods”).
We offer you choices about how certain personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails we send to you by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You also can request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” Section below, and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails. Please note that opting out of receiving marketing or advertising emails from us will not apply, for example, to legal notices, emails about changes to our terms, policies, or business practices.
- Managing Cookies. You can activate settings on your Internet browser to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. In addition, the website linked to below will tell you how you can remove existing cookies from your browser if you wish. Please keep in mind, however, that if you use your Internet browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and services. For further information about managing cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device.
Security and Retention
Although we take steps to help protect the security of personal information you share with us through our website, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure. We do not guarantee the security of your personal information.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our website may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
Browsers Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. There is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. We currently do not respond to web browser DNT signals.
Your California Privacy Rights
Once per calendar year, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides California residents with the right to receive: information identifying (names and addresses) any third party(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the preceding calendar year, certain of your personal information for that third party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed, as required under this law. To request such information, please email us at email@example.com, or write to us at: M & J Wilkow Properties, LLC 20 South Clark Street Suite 300 Chicago, IL 60603
Our website is not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us in connection with our website, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided as required in accordance with applicable law.
If you provide personal information through our website, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
Additional Information and Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at:
M & J Wilkow Properties, LLC
20 South Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website and/or by other means, and we will update the effective date at the top of this Policy. By continuing to use our website after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future, as permitted by law.