General Position Summary:
General property repairs and maintenance to ensure the value and integrity of the overall property. Repairs and maintains the machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning at a commercial shopping center with office component. May also perform general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans
- Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts
- Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- Knowledge of commercial sprinkler systems, fountains (swimming pools) – CPO certification preferred.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties as assigned.
- Assists other departments (particularly Marketing) with special event setup, management, and take-down.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, GED (General Educational Development), or equivalent
- Depending on property needs, may require certifications in trade disciplines (HVAC).
- Required to have a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
- At least three years prior experience working on a commercial or multi-unit residential property
- Requires a self-motivated, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills when working with other shopping center departments and tenants.
- Must be neat, meticulous and pay attention to regulations and details when completing tasks.
- Will be required to work flexible schedule including evenings / weekends, be on-call, and occasional overtime.
- No travel.
- Position is 40/hours per week with minimal OT opportunity.
- 5 days/week on a rotating schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
- Holiday and special events require additional hours or scheduling hours accordingly.
Standing: Frequent (31% to 65% of the workday)
Walking: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Reaching with hands and arms: Frequent (31% to 65% of the workday)
Using hands to touch/manipulate/handle: Frequent (31% to 65% of the workday)
Climbing and/or balancing: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Stooping, kneeling, or crouching: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Lifting 50-75#: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Carrying: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Outdoor weather requirements: Frequent (31% to 65% of the workday)
Driving: Occasional (11% to 30% of the workday)
Working near moving mechanical parts: Frequent (31% to 65% of the workday)
Return to Careers page