General Position Summary:
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for working with the Operations Director and property management team to oversee the shopping center’s key operational functions and preserve and enhance the asset. The Maintenance Manager assists with the oversight of the on-site maintenance department and executes operational service contracts at the property including but not limited to janitorial, landscaping and security. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Operations Director and will carry out his or her responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with ownership’s vision for the property.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with the Operations Director to manage all project expenses according to budget and reforecast expenses in real time.
- Oversee preventative maintenance of equipment
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of the property to ensure physical assets are clean and well-maintained. Address any issues in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Operations Director the purchase of all goods and services within the center’s operations budget.
- Manage Property Operating expenses within or below budget levels.
- Assist the Operations Director in the oversight of construction activities
- Prepare a detailed monthly report pertaining to the overall appearance of the center (curb appeal, structure, lighting and signs, etc.,).
- Maintain a safe environment through identification and elimination of any safety hazards to staff, tenants and customers.
- Manage the property’s energy management program, mitigating utility costs where applicable.
- Provide operations support as necessary for special events and holidays
- Oversee the property’s fire safety/fire inspection program.
- Provide a high-quality level of customer service to all customers – tenants, shopping center guests and investors.
- Other related duties and assignments as required by Operations Director and Corporate Staff
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years operations or facilities management experience required
- Working knowledge of various building systems including electrical/mechanical, fire/life safety, HVAC, roofing, plumbing and parking lot.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction and tenant improvement process including bidding, budgeting, construction oversight and the ability to warrant the bids and contractors.
- Ability to work productively with building officials and contractors.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Position experiences interruptions, need for frequent shifting priorities, and deadlines. The position may occasionally require attendance at evening or weekend property events and/or marketing programs. Regular attendance is a prerequisite in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by management.
Return to Careers page