One Bellevue Place, Nashville, TN
General Position Summary:
The position is for on-site property management of One Bellevue Place, oversight of on-site operations or other staff, working toward corporate objectives and oversight of property and tenant construction projects. The General Manager will report to Portfolio Manager and carry out his or her responsibilities in a manner that is in keeping with ownership’s vision for the retail property management department.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Oversee from on-site, the day to day the operation and management of property.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of annual property budgets and to review several additional budgets prepared by others. Additional properties may enter or exit the portfolio over time.
- Prepare monthly report packages and review several additional reports prepared by others. This includes a narrative, financial overview, capital project update, variance comments, etc. Additional properties may enter or exit the portfolio over time.
- Analyze monthly performance and prepares monthly reforecasts. Compares to YTD property performance to Strategic Plan and Budget and offers recommendations for adjusting strategies as appropriate.
- Oversee property to ensure Tenant COI compliance is met.
- Complete CAM reconciliation for property with the help of accounting and assist in the review of CAM reconciliations prepared by others.
- Work with Accounting to ensure any new leases, renewal, expansions, etc. are input into the MRI system.
- Oversees safety meeting process for building.
- Continually enhances industry knowledge and expertise through real estate and property management publications, reports, and seminars.
- Works with staff to ensure maximum use of property management software. Also, utilizes Angus or other software at properties in an administrative capacity for booking conf rooms, assigning work orders, preparing tenant billings, etc.
- Prepares RFP’s and then a bid analysis form for various projects.
- Prepares service contracts for any work done by 3rd party vendors.
- Primary role in the input of invoices into the AP system and plays a key role in the coding of said invoices based upon budget and work performed.
- Helps facilitate regular training meetings with property management staff. Evaluates and recommends additional trainings for staff as needed.
- Promotes communication and collaborations between departments.
Reporting, Community Involvement and Professional Development:
- Maintains good working relationship with community partners and attends industry association meetings, trainings, etc.
- Maintains appropriate CEU’s to ensure any Real Estate license requirements are met.
- Stays abreast of property management and other real estate related industry standards, legislation impacting department and industry practices, policies and procedures.
- Regularly communicates and cooperates with Asset Management staff on all PM reporting and regulatory issues.
It is essential that the Property Manager reflects and adheres to the highest standards of ethical behavior. He or she is expected to express a professional, courteous attitude, as well as be team oriented. Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. External contacts occur with investors, regulatory agencies, vendors, and community partners. Internal contacts occur with all levels and areas of the organization, including other department heads, asset managers and staff. Contacts are usually made on own initiative and often concern confidential or sensitive matters requiring the use of discretion, negotiation, or persuasion.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws, rules, and regulations. Good command of commercial management and leasing practices.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take as appropriate action.
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as good computer skills. Experience with property management software helpful.
- Assist any third-party Risk Advisor with property related insurance issues, including the Tenant & Vendor Certificate procedures and the placement of the property policies
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred with sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques.
- A minimum of 5+ years equivalent level experience covering onsite experience as a General or Senior Property Manager.
- Supervisory experience required. Real Estate Salesperson License Required. Real Estate Broker license preferred.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that will be met by an employee while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position experiences interruptions, need for frequent shifting priorities, and deadlines. Proof of valid driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance is required. The position may occasionally require attendance at evening meetings. Regular attendance is a prerequisite in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by management.
Return to Careers page