General Position Summary
The position of Financial Analyst plays a key role in the functionality of the Acquisitions & Asset Management Department. It is essential that the Financial Analyst express a professional, courteous attitude, as well as highly-team oriented. The following Job Description Summary is intended to highlight many of the position's responsibilities. This summary is not intended to be all inclusive; it is simply meant to be used as a guide and may be revised from time to time depending on the candidate and long-term growth capabilities. The position is based at the M & J Wilkow corporate offices, located at 20 S. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60603.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- The role supports underwriting, financial modelling, debt/equity and joint venture structuring and dispositions for all new acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct market research for proposed new acquisition opportunities including but not limited to nationwide markets, leasing comps, sales comps, land, construction costs, etc.
- Review, understand and update budgets, rent rolls, financial statements, pro forma, capital improvements, etc.
- Quarterly responsibilities including updating valuation information, reviewing third-party appraisals and Argus valuation models, completing Asset Mamagement quarterly internal reports, in depth market level information, and completing external investor reports.
- Generate property or portfolio proforma and return analyses to evaluate leasing, redevelopment, disposition, refinancing, and recapitalizations opportunities.
- Lease analysis including net effective rents, proforma updates, and deal tracking.
- Interface with brokers, JV partners, attorneys, lenders, property managers, and other market participatns.
- Assist, initiate and/or direct the preparation and negotiation of letters of intent for assigned projects.
- The ability and desire to work in a team environment built around a culture of collaboration, integrity, and accountability with a strong sense of urgency. Must be able to multi-task, be deadline oriented and have a high degree of self-motivation.
- Assist with due diligence and closing relating to project specific requirements for new aqcquisitions or existing property dispositions.
- Prepare investment presentations and packages for internal purposes, investors, partners, and other constituents.
It is essential that the Financial Analyst reflects and adheres to the highest standards of ethical behavior. He or she is expected to express a professional, courteous attitude, as well as be team oriented. Contacts are normally made with others, both inside and outside the organization. External contacts occur with investors regulatory agencies, vendors, and community partners. Internal contacts occur with all levels and areas of the organivation, including other department heads, asset managers and staff. Contacts are usually made on own initiative and often concern confidential or sensitive matters requiring the use of discretion, negotiation, or persuasion.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Real Estate, Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Real Estate aluations, Acquisitions and/or Asset Management
- Ideal candidates possess a minimum of 2 years of Real Estate-focused job experience.
- Experience with financial analysis, underwriting, and transaction management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate with a strong preference in the retail, office, and mixed-use sectors.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft, and ARGUS Enterprise.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ability to complete tasks withminimal supervision.
- Abilityto meet deadlines.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that will be met by an employee while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Position experiences interruptions, need for frequent shifting priorities and to meet deadlines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is "At-Will." The company is an equal opportunity employer and the aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals.
Return to Careers page